Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

First Post



Hello everyone!

This is my first ever blog that I have started. I really want to be able to post my work from school as well as from my sketchbook. In a way this is also my out lit for creativity and also for maybe other personal works that I have done.I will have to see how all of this goes out, but here is a little bit of information about myself.

Like the title says, my name is Meghan Auer. I am 23 years old and I am attending San Jose State University for Animation and Illustration. I have been studying art for the past 5 years so I am still learning . I want to work mostly on environments, but since I have recently taken Modeling in Maya, I'm not sure if I want to move my focus more towards the 3D side of things. What I like most about environments is just how the surroundings can also tell a story of a scene or even give a sense of mood without being overpowering. I was greatly influenced to move towards this focus by Miyazaki films,because of the great amount of detail that is put into the backgrounds. Also I can say that I am just more drawn ( pun intended :P) to just all of the detail and design a environment can have.

Other than enviroment, I am just hoping that I can become a stronger artist as a whole so there will be very different illustrations/drawings that I post up here, even animation! :D

With a blog now, I can push myself more and more to becoming comfortable with showing my work as well as even see if I progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment